Tiffany R. Guerra
Tiffany R. Guerra is a Partner with Seiler Rapp & Guerra. She has been practicing with the firm since 2017, handling matters including estate planning, probate, guardianship, and trust administration.
Tiffany works closely with administrators, executors, guardians, and trustees, providing them with the advice and direction needed to carry out their roles. In addition, Tiffany represents clients in contested probate and guardianship matters-including the prosecution and defense of fiduciary claims. She is devoted to helping individuals suffering from physical and mental limitations so that they are protected physically, financially, and emotionally. Tiffany is committed to ensuring that valid estate plans are upheld.
For example, Tiffany has helped Seiler Rapp & Guerra clients achieve the following results:
• Tiffany won summary judgment on breach of fiduciary duty against an estate administrator who mismanaged hundreds of thousands of dollars in estate funds.
• Tiffany won summary judgment on breach of fiduciary duty, money had and received, and fraud by nondisclosure claims against an executor who conveyed a piece of real property without full authority.
• Tiffany won summary judgment dismissing a surviving spouse's will contest, in which the surviving spouse asserted that our client was not the biological child of the Decedent.
• Tiffany has won motions to void the actions of guardians who have made numerous harmful transactions without authority in several different cases.
• Tiffany won a bench trial in a contested guardianship trial. The court appointed our client as guardian, ordered the visitation she advocated for, found that the other party breached a prior settlement agreement and as a result awarded our client fees of over $150,000.00.
• Tiffany has successfully filed motions in several matters resulting in the disqualification of an individual person seeking to be appointed as guardian of a family member. In each case, the court found that the person seeking to be appointed was disqualified under the Texas Estates Code.
Tiffany graduated from The University of Texas at San Antonio with a Bachelor of Business Administration with Business and General Honors, cum laude, in 2014, and earned her law degree from South Texas College of Law Houston, graduating in the top ten percent of her class, with honors, in 2017. During law school, Tiffany was awarded the Dean's Merit Scholarship and CALI Excellence for the Future Awards (highest grade in her class) in Payment Systems.
Tiffany is a member of the Houston Bar Association (Probate, Trust and Estates Section), Montgomery County Bar Association, and The State Bar of Texas (Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section). She also serves as the Co-Vice President of Community Affairs for The Woodlands Bar Association; the position includes organizing and participating in pro bono projects.
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Houston, Texas
- Top 10%
- CALI Excellence For The Future Award in Payment Systems (highest grade in class)
- Academic Merit Scholarship
- Hispanic Scholarship Foundation Scholar, Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Hyman Slohm Scholarship
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- The University of Texas at San Antonio, Bachelor of Business Administration, cum laude, with Business and General Honors, 2014
- Honors College
- Alpha Sigma Alpha Sorority, Treasurer
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Estate Planning
- Trust Administration
- Fiduciary Litigation
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Texas
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, Texas as published in Texas Monthly: 2021, 2022
- Top Women Attorneys as published in Texas Monthly: 2022
- State Bar of Texas, Real Estate, Probate & Trust Law Section
- The Woodlands Bar Association
- Co-Vice President of Community Affairs: 2020 to present
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association, Probate, Trust and Estates Section